- Applicant is the legal property owner.
- Rate payments are up to date.
- Property is located in the Rotorua urban airshed.
To Be Eligible for a HEATING Hot Swap Loan
- Have a working non-compliant* wood, coal or multi-fuel burner, in the main living area of your home, that you use as the main source of home heating.
- Agree to have all non-compliant appliances removed or in the case of indoor open fires they must be made inoperable.
- Chip heaters, cookers, Marshall heaters, coal ranges or any other types of water heating and/or cooking appliances cannot be traded under Hot Swap
- Indoor open fires cannot been traded under Hot Swap (they have been illegal to use since 1 February 2016).
To be Eligible for an INSULATION Hot Swap Loan
- Hot Swap home insulation loans are only available if the property has compliant heating. Compliant heating includes: no heating; heating appliances that don't burn wood or coal; a legally established compliant wood burner installed after 1 September 2005; or legally established pellet burner. If there is a non-compliant heating appliance in the property it must be removed before an insulation loan can be approved.
- Some FREE insulation is available for owner occupiers (eligibility criteria applies)
*Non-Compliant appliances include wood burners installed before 1 September 2005 and all coal or multi-fuel burners regardless of when they were installed.