- Applicant is the legal property owner
- Rate payments are up to date
- Property is located in the Rotorua urban airshed
To Be Eligible for a HEATING Hot Swap Loan
- Have an operable non-compliant* wood burner, in the main living area of your home, that you use as the main source of home heating
- Agree to have all non-compliant appliances removed or in the case of open fires they must be made inoperable.
- Water heating and/or cooking appliances cannot be traded under Hot Swap
- Since 1 February 2016 no open fires are tradable for Hot Swap loans
To be Eligible for an INSULATION Hot Swap Loan
- Hot Swap home insulation loans are only available if the property has compliant heating. Compliant heating includes: no heating; heating appliances that don't burn wood or coal; or a compliant wood burner or compliant pellet burner installed after Sept 2005. If there is a non-compliant heating appliance in the property it must be removed before an insulation loan can be approved.
*Non-Compliant appliances include wood burners installed before September 2005, chip heaters, coal ranges, cookers, Marshall heaters or other appliances that burn wood or coal that are not on the Ministry for the Environment’s approved wood burner and pellet fire list.