- Applicant is the legal property owner
- Rate payments are up to date
- Property is located in the Rotorua urban airshed
To Be Eligible for a HEATING Hot Swap Loan
- Have an operable non-compliant* wood burner, in the main living area of your home, that you use as the main source of home heating
- Agree to have all non-compliant appliances removed or in the case of open fires they must be made inoperable.
- Water heating and/or cooking appliances cannot be traded under Hot Swap
- Since 1 February 2016 no open fires are tradable for Hot Swap loans
To be Eligible for an INSULATION Hot Swap Loan
- Hot Swap home insulation loans are only available if the property has compliant heating. Compliant heating includes: no heating; heating appliances that don't burn wood or coal; or a compliant wood burner or compliant pellet burner installed after Sept 2005. If there is a non-compliant heating appliance in the property it must be removed before an insulation loan can be approved.
*Non-Compliant appliances include wood burners installed before September 2005; all coal or multi-fuel burners regardless of when they were installed; chip heaters; coal ranges; cookers; Marshall heaters or other appliances that burn wood or coal.