- Applicant is the legal property owner.
- Rate payments are up to date.
- Property is located in the Rotorua urban airshed.
To Be Eligible for a HEATING Hot Swap Loan
- Have an operable, legally established, non-compliant* wood or coal burner, in the main living area of your home, that you use as the main source of home heating.
- Agree to have all non-compliant appliances removed or in the case of open fires they must be made inoperable.
- Chip heaters, cookers, Marshall heaters, coal ranges or any other types of water heating and/or cooking appliances cannot be traded under Hot Swap
- Indoor open fires have NOT been tradable for Hot Swap loans since 1 February 2016.
To be Eligible for an INSULATION Hot Swap Loan
- Hot Swap home insulation loans are only available if the property has compliant heating. Compliant heating includes: no heating; heating appliances that don't burn wood or coal; or a legally established, compliant wood burner or legally established, compliant pellet burner installed after Sept 2005. If there is a non-compliant heating appliance in the property it must be removed before an insulation loan can be approved.
*Non-Compliant appliances include wood burners installed before September 2005; all coal or multi-fuel burners regardless of when they were installed, for example; chip heaters; coal ranges; cookers; Marshall heaters, indoor open fires and any other appliances that burn wood or coal.