FREE Ultra-Low Emission Burner OR Heat Pump
This subsidy is only available to owner-occupiers* (not available to Landlords)
The eligibility criteria:
- The property is located in the Rotorua urban airshed
- You are the legal property owner(s) and you live (permanently) in the property (holiday homes, rental properties, Estates and Trusts are excluded from this scheme).
- Owner must hold a Community Services Card or a SuperGold Card with Community Services Entitlement
- There must be a non-compliant, legally established wood or coal burner in the property.
- The wood or coal burner must be in a safe, working condition.
- The wood or coal burner should be the property’s only permanent form of heating in the main living area.
- The occupant(s) must agree to remove any other non-compliant appliances** that burn wood or coal i.e. chip heaters, Marshall heaters, cookers, coal ranges or indoor open fires.
If you meet all of the above eligibility criteria please apply for a free Home Performance Assessment at the following link https://cleanairrotorua.co.nz/hot-swap/do-i-qualify/
The assessor will ask to see:
- A copy of your latest Rotorua Lakes Council Rates Statement
- A photocopy of the back of your Community Services Card (or the Super Gold Combo Card)
* An owner-occupier is the legal property owner(s) who reside(s) in the property they own. You are not an owner-occupier if you do not live in the property on a permanent basis.
** Non-Compliant appliances include wood burners installed before 1 September 2005, and all coal or multi-fuel burners regardless of when they were installed. Wood burner compliance can be checked by phoning Rotorua Lakes Council and asking for information regarding the solid fuel burner Building Consent for the wood burner. The installation date is what determines whether a wood burner is compliant (not the type of wood burner).
The following appliances cannot be used as a trade for upgrading heating; chip heaters, coal ranges, cookers, Marshall heaters or indoor open fires.
What is an Ultra-Low Emission Burner?