FREE Ultra-Low Emission Burner OR Heat Pump
This subsidy is only available to owner-occupiers* (not available to Landlords)
The eligibility criteria:
- The property is located in the Rotorua urban airshed
- You are the legal property owner(s) and you live (permanently) in the property. Holiday homes, rental properties, Estates and Trusts are excluded.
- The occupants must have a combined annual household income of $50,000 (gross) or less over the previous 12 months
- There must be a non-compliant** wood burner in the property
- Wood burner must be in working condition (operable)
- Wood burner should be the property's only form of heating in the main living area
- Wood burner should be in the main living area
If you meet all of the above eligibility criteria, call in at the Bay of Plenty Regional Council office, 1125 Arawa Street, Rotorua to collect an application form OR, print application form here.
There are a few other things you will need to bring with you:
- A copy of your latest Rotorua Lakes Council Rates Statement
- A "letter of income" from WINZ, or a "summary of earnings" from IRD. A letter of income is required for each owner and/or person living at the property. For example, if there are two of you living in the property, two letters of income must be provided.
* An owner-occupier is the legal property owner(s) who reside in the property they own. You are not an owner-occupier if you do not live in the property on a permanent basis.
**Non-compliant wood burners were installed before Sept 2005. This can be checked by phoning Rotorua Lakes Council and asking for information regarding the property Building Consent for the wood burner.
What is an Ultra-Low Emission Burner?